Tuesday 1 December 2009

Brrrrrrrrr!

I thought I would give the feeding station at Shakerley a go this morning. The weather forecast for this morning gave frost, cold and dry and they were bang on! At 06:30 it was -3.

My feeding station there now sits in a small pond, due to the large amount of rain we've had. And whilst I was stood in the middle of it setting the net up, it was then I realised I had a hole in both wellies! Great - wet feet at 7am and it's freezing!!

But I soon forgot all about that when a Sparrowhawk decided to hurtle itself, very kindly into the net! What a corker...


Other birds caught - Blackbird, Robin, Blue Tit, Great Tit and Willow Tit.

Back home - the net is now up in the garden, one new Dunnock caught and a Sparrowhawk has just got out of the net! (Argh!!)

The Coot will be tame at Southport today.....ummm....No there's work to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment